Preparing the Site for Indexing
Preparing a site for search indexing is the first thing to do in the development process and prepare relevant texts. Search engines are the main source of traffic for a website. Therefore, after the completion of the development of the website, it is necessary for the resource to be fully indexed by search engines and begin its promotion to the TOP for the main search queries.
How to get to the first page of Yandex or Google? This task needs to be solved as soon as possible. In order for visitors to go to your website, it must appear at the top of the list in search results for profile queries (keywords and phrases). Let’s analyze the basic concepts:
What is search indexing?
This is the processing by the search robot of the content of the pages of the site and entering the results of this processing into the databases of search engines.
Successful search indexing gives the following result: for a request for specific key phrases entered in the search string, results are returned that contain a record about a specific site. And at the same time, it is important that the information displayed by the search engine in the form of a description of a site page (snippet) corresponds to the content of the site and is attractive to visitors.
What is content relevance? This is the correspondence of the page content to key phrases entered by the user into the search engine.
Most often, the visitors who came to your site through the search are the target group of your site and potential customers. Therefore, before preparing a site for indexing, you need to decide who needs your site and have answers to the following questions
- First of all, you need to find out the demographic and social characteristics of your target audience.
- Second, why is your site suitable for this particular group of people of any Best SEO company.
Site requirements for fast indexing by search robots
- A PAGE MUST CONTAIN TEXT, with the number of characters preferably at least 2500. Search engines check first of all the content of the page, and only then the meta-tags.
- Most important is the page title. It usually appears next to a link to your website, so it is important that it contains a direct match keyword. The title should certainly reflect the essence of the content of the page. The site name should be included in the title of the home page.
- META TAGS: Tile, Keywords, Description, Alt – are one of the most important criteria for good site indexing! The page name must be specified in the Tile tag. Keywords – in the Keywords tag and in headings with the H1 and H2 tags, the alternative text of the pictures – in the Alt tag, hyperlinks must contain keywords in the Description tag.
- It is desirable to place the MAIN KEY Phrase CLOSER TO THE BEGINNING OF THE TEXT, this increases the chances of the page being in a higher position in the search for specific keywords.
- HEADINGS IN THE TEXT necessary to allocate TAGGED H1 and H2, and the header length should be approximately 70 characters. Highlighting tags, it is necessary to highlight key phrases and words in the sentence.
- IT IS USEFUL TO CREATE A SITE MAP, it will help search engines to index the resource correctly, especially if it contains a large number of pages. A sitemap is a page that contains links to all pages on a site or to key pages.
- INSTALLATION OF STATISTICS COUNTERS to evaluate the results of indexing and site traffic. We recommend using statistics services Yandex Metrika and Google Analytics
Page relevance criteria used by search engines
The most important criterion is the number of keywords on a site page. The relevance of the page will be higher, the more key phrases and words will be on this page.
But do not try to trick the search engine by placing a huge number of keywords, masking them with a font color that matches the background color of the page, or using a very small print. In this way, you will not achieve an increase in relevance but will fall under the filter of a search engine, because search engines consider this to be search spam. Such pages will be excluded from the search engine database.
The location of the keywords on the page has an impact on the “weight” of keywords in determining the relevance of the site page. The most significant words are those key phrases that are contained in the page title in the tags, as well as words highlighted in the text in increased font size or in bold. The closer a keyword is to the top of the page, the higher its “weight”. Some search engines take into account words contained in meta tags that are not visible on the screen but are contained in the HTML code of the page.
The third criterion of relevance is the ratio of the number of keywords on the page to the total number of words in the text of the page. The greater the concentration of key phrases and words in the text, the higher the relevance of the page for search engines.
Recommendations for preparing site pages for indexing
- Put yourself in the user’s shoes and imagine what key phrases and words you will use to send a request to a search engine to find a product or service offered on your site.
- The determining factor for a potential client to land on your site is the correct selection of keywords and phrases. Without this, all other efforts may be useless.
- It is imperative that you use the most basic keywords or phrases in your page title. The title should not be too long and unreadable, as it will be displayed as a result of a search for key phrases or words.
- If possible, highlight the most important keywords in the text in bold or large font size. Be sure to place the most relevant ones at the beginning of the page. Sometimes these requirements cannot be met exactly, otherwise, the text can turn into a meaningless set of phrases. In this case, a reasonable compromise must be found.
Preparing for indexing – comparison with competitors
The effectiveness of the pages prepared for indexing can be assessed only in comparison with the rest of the pages, so you need to study the competitive pages, the links to which are located first in the search results for key queries relevant to your site. You need to carefully study them (both in the browser and in the form of HTML code) and find out how many and where the relevant keywords are located.
Since the main task of preparing for indexing is getting to the first places according to the results of key queries, it is necessary that the pages of your site are no worse than the pages of competing sites for all the main keywords and phrases.
To successfully pass the indexing site, it is imperative to use service meta tags. The words contained in the meta tags must be in the text of the page. It is not worth repeating the same word several times in a meta tag.
A necessary measure to speed up indexing is to register your site in thematic directories. I draw your attention to the thematic ones because they will give “weight” to your website and increase its relevance. And do not forget to be sure to register in Yandex.Catalogue, List.ru, Rambler top 100, and others please vist our site Click Here.
Another way to speed up site indexing is to directly mention your site’s URL in various forums and message boards. Also, if your friends have sites, then ask them to post a link to your site. In this case, the proverb works well: “Don’t have a hundred rubles, but have 100 friends.”